Do you use form RC59, Business Consent, to get online access to your business clients’ information in Represent a Client? If you do, here are three important things you should know:
- After May 15, to request online access to tax information for a business, you will need to complete the authorization request in Represent a Client. Form RC59 will no longer be used to authorize online access.
To complete an authorization request:
- Log into Represent a Client.
- From the Welcome page, select “Review and update.”
- Select “Authorization request” at the bottom of the “Manage clients” tab and follow the instructions.
- Print the signature page for your client to sign.
Scan and send the signed copy of the signature page to the CRA using Submit documents.
- When you use Represent a Client, you’ll have access to your business clients’ information in five days or less instead of the 15 days it takes today with form RC59.
You can also see which business clients have authorized you and if the authorizations expire by selecting “Businesses that have authorized this business (or RepID)” under the “Manage clients” tab.
- What if I don’t use Represent a Client?
The services offered on Represent a client can change the way you do business. Give it a try! And if you still prefer your current process, you can still use form RC59 to request access to your business clients’ information by telephone or mail.